Yawana Dive and Homestay
Yawana Dive and Homestay is a small boutique, safari style operation, which has a capacity of 4-5 guests maximum. The homestay is situated in a fairly remote part of the Solomons which is much of the appeal.
There is almost no other tourist development in this area.
All the food is cooked by Andrickson and her family, using fresh seafood caught daily and fruit and vegetables grown in their substantial garden.
The Homestay is essentially run on solar powered 12v batteries, however, they also run a generator in the evenings to charge laptops and anything else that requires 240v power.
There is reliable internet connection which has fairly good speed by Solomons Standards, as well as providing a WiFi hotspot for guests.
Diving: Per Person
- 2x tank boat dive with snacks during surface interval
- Full scuba gear hire
Other Activities: Per Person
- Snorkeling, either close to Yawana or you can go by boat to one of the nearby islands of Nakaza and Woi - Price depending upon location + Gear hire
- Fishing - trawling for Barracuda, Mackeral, Trevally and Tuna (gear supplied)
- Bushwalking through he forest to visit the wreck of a DC3 plane from WW2, then on to a Tambu site.
1.5 - 2 hours, including guide and kastom fee
- Visit to nearby Varese Village to watch a traditional dance performance
The Bungalow is a traditional style island leafhouse with thatched sago leaf roof, double bed, private balcony and shower.
A secluded, private house to enjoy the nest sunset view over the remote Solomon Islands.
The Den is also a traditional Solomon Islanders leafhouse, adjacent tot he Yawana diveshop and balcony.
A private room, with large windows to enjoy the afternoon sea breeze or relaxing in the hammock on the balcony.
The Bunk-room is for budget travelers who need a simple, clean place to rest after a day of diving or exploring the island. Two comfortable, single beds with a view of the garden.
Return transfer from Gizo township or airstrip
Complimentary tea, coffee, fruit & snacks all day
3 Meals per day per person
Guests can BYO alcohol or supplies can be priced up when in Gizo
The Corner Shop
Puff ‘N’ Stuff
The Gold Course
Yawana House Wreck
Wreck of Anne